Bible Journaling for Beginners (by a Beginner)

Bible Journaling is a fun, creative way to have a Bible Devotion. I started Bible Journaling a little over a year, and I just wanted to post something for people who don't know what it is or want to start Bible Journaling. I am no where near a professional, but it is a really fun way to study your Bible. I have 5 Tips and Tricks for those of you who would like to begin Bible Journaling!😄


1.) Get the Bible.

First you want to Get the Bible for you. Pick out a Bible that is made for taking notes or Bible  journaling. The type of Bible should have large margins, that way you have room on the page to create. Pick the version of Bible that you understand the best. My Bible for journaling is the English Standard Version. You want to pick a Bible that you can read and use as part of daily devotional time. When picking the right Bible pick one you can create in and understand.

2.)  Get Supplies.

Once you pick your Bible, you need to Get Supplies. First, think of practical things you have in your house, pencils, pens, erasers, tape, scissors, or those old scrap booking stickers. You may also want something like a ruler or a straightedge. You can be creative and use any art supplies around your house. That's the glory of this, use what you got and you don't have to go out and buy a bunch of stuff. Things that I have actually bought for my Bible was watercolors, acyclic paint, and brushes. The number one thing that I would invest in is calligraphy pens and fine tipped sharpies. I used my pens in about very page. But, you don't have to go to the store and buy a bunch of art supplies, I would start with the necessities. 

3.) Get Cardboard.

Okay, so this is one is technically part of the supplies, but Get Cardboard. But, I'd say its one of the most important supplies. All you need is a hard folder or a piece of cardboard that can go in between your pages as you work. Just put in between your pages to prevent markers and paint leaking to other pages.

4.) Get Started. 

Once you have all your supplies, Get Started! Usually, I like go along with my normal devotion, read my Bible, write my thoughts, and pray. I take separate notes about my entire Bible devotion in a notebook. Once I go through my devotion time, I look through my reading  and notes. From my notes, I pick the verse that has to do with what's going on with my life or a verse that I liked. Then I think about what I like in that verse and what words I want to emphasis. Sometimes, I get inspiration on Pinterest. This is how I start, but when I started my very first page, I journaled my one of my favorite verse. 

5.) Get Scheduled.

I do not Bible Journal everyday or every time I have my devotion time. But I try to work on it once a week on a day I know I'll have the most time. My best advice is to Get Scheduled, on when it would be the best day to work yours.
  

Comments

Popular Posts