Why Emmie Lou?

I've been wanting to start a blog for the last few months. I went back and forth on making up my mind if I wanted to, and here I am. I had two problems when I started, a name and would I stick to it? I asked myself, “Will I stick with it?”, and I just thought, of course I will because I’ll still be doing all my hobbies, but now I’m sharing it with others! I have always loved creating things, when I was younger, I always loved doodling, or I wanted to sew/crochet something (even if I wasn’t the best, haha). I also loved and still love scrapbooking. I have always enjoyed crafty things, so why not share some of my hobbies with others. I came up with the name of my blog using my nickname. My nickname “Emmie” came from a family member, and it has stuck ever since. Because my name is not the normal spelling and is so long, I had my friends call me “Emmie”. My nickname has evolved from that to Emm, Emma, and (wait for it…) Emmie Lou! I wanted my blog to show me, and the best way was to make the blog's name after myself. That’s why the name “Emmie Lou” was so fitting! I made this blog to share things I create to inspire others to create. I hope the things I write in “Thoughts” inspire and challenge people who read my blog. My goal is to share at least one thing a month, whether it be thoughts or DIY’s. Most of my DIY’s will be easy and cheap craft ideas. Under “Thoughts” will be devotions or thoughts on different subjects written by me, Emmie Lou! I truly hope you enjoy my blog! I created Emmie Lou to share my hobbies, passions, and life. I’m so excited to start this new hobby! I’m so glad you stopped by! I hope my blog inspires you to create something or look at life a little differently! To get the latest updates on this new hobby of mine follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter @emmie0898! Thank you so much! 😊

Comments

Popular Posts